Manager, Disclosure, Capital Market Systems
Ceres is a not-for-profit organization that partners with institutional investors, large companies, environmental organizations and other public interest groups, with the goal of mobilizing investor and business leadership to build a thriving, sustainable global economy.
Ceres plays a unique role in the sustainability movement by bringing the perspective and power of investors to environmental and social issues, and specifically to the performance, practices and policies of corporations. Through its Investor Network on Climate Risk, Ceres has been able to mobilize over 120 institutional investors representing more than $14.5 trillion in assets to better understand and properly value climate and water-related risks and opportunities. Ceres works to foster corporate leadership on sustainability issues and mobilize private sector actors in support of public policies for long-term sustainability. Ceres works with over 65 major companies to integrate environmental and social issues into core business practices. Additionally, Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of leading companies (Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy) to advocate for national and state climate, energy and water policies.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres’ newly created Capital Markets Systems Program consolidates Ceres’ work on critical market levers that will help scale the transition to sustainable capital markets. The program includes Ceres’ initiatives on governance for sustainability, and sustainability disclosure, including climate risk disclosure, mandatory sustainability disclosure and the Investor Initiative for Sustainable Exchanges (IISE).
The CMS Program is seeking a Manager of Disclosure to work with colleagues in the program and across the organization to manage, coordinate and support Ceres’ work on disclosure. This includes project managing and implementing existing disclosure related workplans and projects, as well as helping coordinate cross-organizational disclosure related efforts. The Manager needs to be a savvy project manager, relationship manager, communicator and strategic thinker that will help to develop and realize Ceres strategy for increasing the uptake of ‘decision friendly’ sustainability disclosures that will be used by companies and investors globally. This full-time position is based in Boston, MA, and initially reports to the Program Director, Capital Market Systems.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Work with the CMS Program Director to implement program deliverables associated with the Investor Initiative on Sustainable Exchanges (IISE) including:
o Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders for this program including stock exchanges, investors and other partners;
o Coordinating the IISE Investor working group, including organizing monthly teleconferences;
o Managing/ Supporting key initiatives for the implementation of program goals, including investor sign-on initiatives, webinars, speaking engagements and events.
o Project managing the development of key reports
o Project manage sub-grant relationships associated with the IISE deliverables
o Track ongoing developments in the stock exchange space, including monitoring activities of, and coordination/collaboration with, other groups that focus on stock exchanges or sustainability reporting.
o Compile and write the IISE monthly newsletter focused on stock exchanges and sustainability reporting trends, in partnership with the United Nations. Serve as key point of contact for the newsletter with partners and subscribers.
o Manage interns/ co-ops for IISE related goals
• Coordinate with Sr. Manager, Disclosure on disclosure workflow focused on regulators.
• Organize bi-weekly cross organizational meetings on disclosure
• Manage/ Support other disclosure and CMS priorities as needed, including events and reports
• Research and draft op-eds, blogs or similar communications pieces for the disclosure initiative when assigned. Collaborate with the Ceres Communications Team as needed for this.
• Provide writing and logistical support on all philanthropic activities for disclosure and other CMS priorities.
• Track member and partner stock exchange-related engagements, participation, and activities in Salesforce.
• Build expertise in sustainability (ESG) reporting requirements and key disclosure frameworks in use.
• Act as the CMS team liaison to the Corporate team on disclosure related efforts.
• Participate in CMS Team duties as assigned, including support for the annual Ceres conference, INCR meetings, and others where necessary.
• Master degree in business, environment, law or public policy or related field preferred, with five (5) years of related work experience. Bachelor degree, with over five (5) years of relevant work experience, acceptable.
• Three (3) years or more of direct experience working on sustainability and corporate responsibility issues in the corporate, investor and/or non-profit sectors. Experience working with stock exchanges and/ or investors, is a plus.
• Sophisticated knowledge and understanding of corporate sustainability frameworks. Knowledge of sustainability disclosure frameworks and/ or corporate governance systems is a plus.
• Significant and sophisticated project management experience, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
• Evidence of project and people management across all levels within an organization.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences.
• Effective facilitation skills with the ability to bring divergent ideas to a productive conclusion.
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
• Proven leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor the skills and effectiveness of other team members.
• Team player that likes working in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to be an advocate.
• Experience in North American context is required, coupled with an understanding of the broader international context for sustainability.
• Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
• Passion for accelerating and expanding the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references to Maureen Salkin at email@example.com
. Please use the words “Manager, Disclosure, CMS” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.